Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

How to replace fuel pump 2001 sea ray 210 bowrider

Customer Question

how to replace fuel pump 2001 sea ray 210 bowrider
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The fuel pump on the engine bolts to the side of the block. All you need to do to replace it is to remove the fuel line then unbolt the pump, clean the gasket surface then install a new gasket and the new pump. Install the fuel line to the pump and you are done.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry notdetailed enough. The problem is the location. Right behind the engine mount. Very difficult spot to ge tto. Plus hardly any room to work. Do I remove back seat? Do I need to remove manifold? Do I need to remove engine?
Your answer is much to brief.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

To gain the access it may be needed to remove the rear seat of the boat, this is sort of common on the inboard engine to get access to various points on the engine.