Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a brand new 150 four stroke have not even run one

Customer Question

I have a brand new 150 four stroke have not even run one tank gas through, was out for a slow ride last night and it just quit no warning. Won't start now, turn the key and it does nothing, everthing else in the boat works- turns on can not find any bad fuses etc.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There are 4 fuses on the engine that need to be checked. They are located behind a cover plate on the engine. One of the fuses is for ignition. Make sure that they all 4 are still good. If you cannot locate the fuse location, send me the serial number of the engine and I can get you a diagram of it.