Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Its a 3l cobra sterndrive and the battery is full and there

Customer Question

Its a 3l cobra sterndrive and the battery is full and there is no power to the key, no lights nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I went to start the boat and got clicking noise but battery full, so I checked the starter and that was good so I reconnected it and someone told me that the problem was a ground wire
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Do the gauges come on? Then when you turn the key to crank what do the gauges do?