Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have 2008 mercury 115hp optimaxwith maybe 100 hours on

Customer Question

I have 2008 mercury 115hp optimaxwith maybe 100 hours on it.. what should the compression be in all cylinders
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: not getting on plane like it used to. has the stock laser 2 prop. have been told to take out one of the plugs and it will be fine. buti wanted to check compression first. have 160 lbs in all threee cylinders.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no. motor is on a z6 nitro
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The spec in the manual is 90 to 110 psi. If you got a reading of 160lbs you have bad compression gauge, and would need to get another, more accurate gauge.