Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2005 Merc Cruiser 5.0L Bravowith about 800 hours on

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Merc Cruiser 5.0L Bravo*****with about 800 hours on it. The Gimble gear was making noise so I took in to have it replaced. The mechanic said it was still turning and was not too rough. He could not get it out with with the bearing puller. He had to remove the whole lower unit and drill the race, twist and hammer it out. Now when I run the boat I get a queit but audit able chirp or squeak not a constant squeal about every 10 to 15 seconds that is coming out from under the swim platform. In or out of gear. You do not hear it in the engine compartment. The mechanic has not looked at the boat again and said he would look at it during winterization. He put in a new Merc sealed Gimble Bearing the old one required greasing and was greased every year at winterization.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote, how is it I can be of service to you?