Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

When parking my boat i put in reverse to precise position...

Customer Question

when parking my boat i put in reverse to precise position... i dont recall if i shut boat in reverse...probably...n now linkeage is stuck in reverse...i looked in engine bay n could not identify the shift cable seen throtle cable... is it in that area? n how do i release from reverse position?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The shift cable goes straight to the drive. Tilt the drive up and have a friend hit the prop with there foot while you pull back on the shift control handle.

The other option is to jump the starter while someone is pulling on the control handle. In this pic jump starter from terminal A to C. This is red battery cable connection to the yellow/red wire terminal. http://i.imgur.com/CroY8Vv.jpg

Did it come out of gear?