Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 25 hp 1995 mariner that does not fire on no1 but

Customer Question

I have a 25 hp 1995 mariner that does not fire on no1 but fires on no2 after the pull rope is at the end of the pull
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stephen, my name is jason.

I read what you wrote. What kinds of questions did you have? Do you understand the components of the ignition system and how they work?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i do the plug on no1will not spark but no2 sparks after you pull the start rope until it stops was told it my be the trigger
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do you need
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

I dont' need anything other than to know what your questions are. There are 5 parts to the ignition system;

1. Stator

2. Trigger

3. Switchbox

4. Ignition coils.

5. Stop circuit.

Did you need the instructions from the factory service manual in terms of troubleshooting this? Or did you have questions that you specifically wanted me to answer?

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
176;why is it not fireing on no1 but delay fire on no 2 after you pull the rope
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Because one of the ignition system components is faulty. All components have to be tested in order to figure out which one is the bad part.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks for help
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

To be honest I'm a little confused. Did you need the specs from the manual in regards ***** ***** the components?

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stephen,

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me. If you have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service.

Thanks again,

Jason