Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2005 90hp evinrude etec. It sat for about 6 months.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 90hp evinrude etec. It sat for about 6 months. I didn't add any fuel stabilizer. Before I let it sit it ran fine. Now , runs fine at low rpm. When throttled up it boggs down. Drained gas tank empty, ran engine out of gas. Replaced fuel filter & plugs. Also replaced primer bulb. Primer bulb won't stay hard. It ran the same way, bogging down at 2000 rpms. Hooked up 5 gallon portable tank. Still bogged down at 2000 rpms. What could problem be. I thought maybe anti siphon fuel valve, but portable tank eliminated that
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I also relieved air pressure in system cause gas wasn't flowing and filling fuel filter, which it now. But still runs the same
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Verify the fuel pressure that is going to the injectors. If it is low, you will need to open the electric fuel pump and make sure that the filter is clean and the pump is running full speed.