Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 150 xr6 runs good any time when pulling a tube or just

Customer Question

My 150 xr6 runs good any time when pulling a tube or just the boat but when you try to pull skier (more of a load) you get a very violent shake of the powerhead and a banging noise and slippage, pulled lower unit off, no metal in oil found hub in prop bad swicthed props same issue
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you done a compression test on the engine yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no, sorry about the late response got pulled away
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

No worries. there are no time limits here. I feel that we should start with compression before digging into any of the other systems on the engine.

While you have it trimmed down, shake the engine pretty hard, listen for a metallic clank inside the driveshaft housing, let me know if you hear one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, I will not be able to do that till next week will I still be able to talk to you then or will it cost me more money? I will ck them 2 things I could be wrong it just runs so good but might be the calm before the storm lol I was just sure it was in the prop hub when I seen that and lower unit oil was clean it just sounds and feels like something slipping over splines
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

If the splines were spun, the boat would not go anywhere.

there are no time limits here. Your question fee covers all of our talk, not just tonight. If you wanted to move the the phone, I sent that offer to you as well. That does come with an extra fee though. But you get a certified Merc outboard tech on the phone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok will do I will be in touch thank you
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome.