Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have a 1990 force 35 hp outboard, electric start, 2 cycle,

Customer Question

hi , i have a 1990 force 35 hp outboard , electric start , 2 cycle , it wont start cold , if i have someone hold down on throttle lever at carb it will start , once it warms up it will start its ok , we took off carb and cleaned it , plugs are new , gas is new any suggestions
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Do you happen to have a model or serial number on the engine?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Could it have forced gas into the resivour by ballooning up my gas tank?

Yes definitely. When the engine runs the engine is under a vacuum, when you shut the engine off there should be no pressure at all in the lines. If there is any pressure it can force its' way into the oil tanks.

Did you have any further questions on the issue, or was that your primary concern?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking in, any progress?