Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I am having an issue with it starting and the mechanic who

Customer Question

I am having an issue with it starting and the mechanic who looked at ti said it was eith bad fuel pump or injector system but that the fuel injectors are not available anymore.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Tim, good morning my name is Jason.

Can I get the full model number on the engine. you wrote 7.4GI, Gi is a family of engines, there are many different models within that family. I would need to know exactly which engine you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have some information on my boat I can upload but not sure if it helps/ Do I need to look for something on the engine itself?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

The model number would be on a sticker on the engine itself. Here is a list of all possible 7.4Gi engines, I would need to know which one you have.

That being said. What kind of problem are you having, how is it I can help you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, i don't live close to the boat so I will get back to you as soon as i get down there.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Model number aside for now, what kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The question I have is I was told that if the fuel pump replacement does not work that I will not be able to replace the fuel injection on that engine as it is not available any longer. I am looking for options. I like the boat and the engine is great burt if I can't get fuel to it I kind of have a problem.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Gotcha, I understand. For that I will need the actual model number so I can look up parts for myself and see what is and what is not available.