Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2011 SEADOO GTI SE 130 JET SKI ROLLS LEFT AND RIGHT WHILE

Customer Question

2011 SEADOO GTI SE 130 JET SKI ROLLS LEFT AND RIGHT WHILE MOVING. I DON'T FEEL STEADY AND ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE A SECOND PERSON WITH ME. I WENT ON MY OTHER JET SKI, 2008 GTI SE 155 AND HAD NO PROBLEM WITH ROLLING EVEN WITH SECOND PERSON ON IT. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? HOW DO I FIX IT?

JUST WENT OUT TODAY AND MOVED THE TRIM DOWN AND THE ROLLING STOPPED. HOWEVER, IT CAME BACK AFTER AN HOUR ON THE WATER. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS SO I NEED HELP FAST.

Category: Boat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Relist: No answer yet. I AM WAITING OVER A WEEK AND ON ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION. I SEE THAT IT WAS CLOSED WITHOUT MY KNOWING. NOT HAPPY

I WAS OUT AGAIN THIS WEEK AND NOTICED THAT THE ROCKING WAS STILL THERE BUT THEN I SHUT OFF THE ENGINE WHILE WAITING FOR A FRIEND AND WHEN I STARTED IT UP AGAIN THE ROCKING WAS GONE. SO WE TRAVELED AROUND FOR OVER 2 HOURS AND I DECIDED TO SHUT IT OFF AGAIN TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS AND IT STARTED TO ROLL AGAIN. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP. IT SEEMS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE STEERING BUT ELECTRICAL NOT MECHANICAL.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately since no one has posted any info on this here on what to check,test or replace this may need checked/tested by a boat/water craft repair center to locate and repair this issue here.It may be an issue with a damaged or loose steering component needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

i had it at a repair shop and they said they cannot duplicate the problem because they dod not have access to to water to try it. they said they can tear it down to see if anything is within but it would cost a lot of money and they may not find anything. I have called and wrote to many and tried on "you tube" and "google" and no one ever heard of this. I cannot believe that I am the only one with this problem. any other ideas

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete