Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

The alarm is going off and I 't know why? It is not the oil.

Customer Question

good morning, The alarm is going off and I don't know why? It is not the oil. It appears to have something to do with the RPM?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 2006 starcrat 20" pontoon with a 75 hp mercury smart craft 2 stoke engine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: It runs great for multiple trips and then out of no where the alarm sounds. Most of the time when I pull back on the throttle and give it a minute it works fine. I just replaced one of the power heads last year/
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

If you have SmartCraft gauges, there will be a code listed on the gauge. If not, Make sure that the fuel is flowing to the engine properly. If it is being restricted that would cause the lift pump to throw a code, and it would bog down. When you slowed down, the engine would regain its performance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No gauge involved. An alarm is sounded
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a rip off. Please refund my money.