Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I need to replace on a 8.1 Gi-J the Serpentine Belt, Belt

Customer Question

I need to replace on a 8.1 Gi-J the Serpentine Belt, Belt Tensioner, and Pully (#10 in Volvo Schematics) and was wondering the tools and directions needed?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The pulley is squeaking a bit and I noticed a little bit of belt residue. So I thought i would replace the belt along with belt tensioner and pulley to be safe. Is it correct in saying there is no belt adjustment since the belt tensioner is spring loaded?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this point
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All you need is a 3/8ths ratchet and a couple of sockets. I don't know the exact size off hand but it will be something like 1/2 inch, 9/16th, or 14MM. The torque on the bolt that holds it in is 37ft/lbs.

Do you have any further questions on the issue, or does that cover it for you?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating for my service. Please keep in mind the website does charge you to speak with me. But they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you until you select a rating for me. If you have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service.

Thanks again,