Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

383 mag blows the middle fuse on the fuse block located on

Customer Question

383 mag blows the middle fuse on the fuse block located on the upper back of the motor It runs fine for a few miles then blows. If I try to replace it immediately it blows instantly. if i wait 5mins it is ok and then the same process starts all over
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: This is a new boat to me Motor was a new replacement for 7.4l approx a 100 hours ago
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
These are the 3 /20a fuses separate from the fuse panel These are located at the rear/ top of the motor. I believe they are for the injectors
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The fuses are to the injectors, the IAC, and the fuel pump relay. One of the three is shorting on you and causing the fuse to blow. When this happens again, remove the fuel pump relay, and unplug the IAC, replace the fuse and see if it blows right away. If it does, you have a bad injector. If it does not, either the IAC or the relay is bad.