Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Do Yamaha motors come with an "hour meter"? Have a 2014 150

Customer Question

Do Yamaha motors come with an "hour meter"? Have a 2014 150 HP Yamaha motor I intend to buy from its owner. He states that it "does not" have an hour meter. Not sure if he is mistaken. Is he confusing an hour meter on the console of the boat or is there a meter on the motor itself?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Dave, good afternoon name is Jason.

There is not an hour meter in terms of a gauge that can be looked at. But the engines computer does store engine running hours, as well as well as how many hours at different rpms. For example, you can see if the majority of the engines hours were at low rpms, mid range rpms, or if the engine was always run at full throttle. Any dealer, or any Yamaha mechanic with the YDS software (yamaha's version of a scan tool) can scan the engine and tell you the hours. Does that make sense to you?

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Dave,

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason