Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We just bought a 1990 Swift Party barge which has an 90 HP

Customer Question

We just bought a 1990 Swift Party barge which has an 90 HP Yamaha Motor on it. I have been trying to download the 120 page Owners Manual, because none came with the boat, but I am having no luck. Is there a way I could get this mailed to my home instead. I will be glad to pay for it, as I am not sure how the mixing of the oil into the motor well really works and I don't want to damage the motor.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This engine has automatic oil injection so no mixing needed.

What manual are you trying to down load? The engine manual?

Could I get your engine model number please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
engine model number is ***** RR
I thought if I had the owners manual for a 90 hp motor, it would clear up any questions I may have before doing something wrong in the inputting of oil. I see where you say it is automatic and no mixing needed. I have never had a motor that did this before, therefore, I was worried I could not do it correctly. I wanted the owners manual, but an engine manual would be good.
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Here is a diagram of the oiling system. # ***** is the oil tank. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/yamaha-outboard-parts/img/62/03/0336/0018.gif