Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We just bought a 1990 Swift Party barge which has an 90 HP

Customer Question

We just bought a 1990 Swift Party barge which has an 90 HP Yamaha Motor on it. I have been trying to download the 120 page Owners Manual, because none came with the boat, but I am having no luck. Is there a way I could get this mailed to my home instead. I will be glad to pay for it, as I am not sure how the mixing of the oil into the motor well really works and I don't want to damage the motor.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This engine has automatic oil injection so no mixing needed.

What manual are you trying to down load? The engine manual?

Could I get your engine model number please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
engine model number is ***** RR
I thought if I had the owners manual for a 90 hp motor, it would clear up any questions I may have before doing something wrong in the inputting of oil. I see where you say it is automatic and no mixing needed. I have never had a motor that did this before, therefore, I was worried I could not do it correctly. I wanted the owners manual, but an engine manual would be good.
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Here is a diagram of the oiling system. # ***** is the oil tank. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/yamaha-outboard-parts/img/62/03/0336/0018.gif