Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

You helped me last week with fuel pump wiring

Customer Question

Hi Jason, you helped me last week with fuel pump wiring problem.........more problems.
Ran the new wire with proper connections and fuel pump seems to be working properly. She started up fine two days ago when we finished troubleshooting.
Just tried to start and fuel pump does prime, engine does crank, but won't turn over. I checked fuel entering carburetor which is fine, don't know the pressure tho.
No fuel coming out of injectors!
There is power at the injectors and all three fuses and I did replace fuel relay.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Brian,

Can you check and see if the engine has spark with a timing light?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No timing light. I can see no fuel being sprayed from injectors during cranking tho.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I don't know if i'm going to be help you out with this one. If you had no spark (which you do not have a timing light to test for) and no fuel, on an engine that is otherwise normal that typically means a bad ignition module under the cap. However your engine is not normal because we already know that it has an electrical problem. In the shop I would test for spark and see if I had it or not. If no, I would hook up the scan tool to the engine and see If there was a trouble code for the ignition module.