Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Dear Sirs, I have a 1992 Yamaha VLRQ 225 hp Outboard. very

Customer Question

Dear Sirs, I have a 1992 Yamaha VLRQ 225 hp Outboard. very low hrs & has had Carbs totally rebuilt, new gaskets, h2o pump, plugs etc. as you know this 92' has no choke , but a Fuel enrichment valve with an A & B solenoid. also has a red lever to work it manually.
i checked Throttle Position Sensor with volt meter & it is functioning to specs. the problem is i have no information on how to check the fuel primer valve that is mounted on the top set of Deuce carbs on port side. when I turn the key to the on position ,I hear no noise of solenoids opening, but i am getting a reading of 12v on each wire coming off both solenoids. this voltage remains when engine is started. if engine is cold, lifting the manual lever on fuel primer lets the engine start like a choke. then you push valve back down and engine runs great. the fuel primer part #Is 6R5-13921-01-00. obviously I don't want to take the cowling off to manually activate this primer pump after motor sets for a few hrs. Any help with this would be greatly Appreciated. can solenoids be replaced or might have a bad diaphram in that top fuel Pump? Kim Landry(###) ###-####kimlandry1958 @gmail.com
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.
Hi Kim, my name is Jason To test the enrichment valve you would have to pressurize it, make sure the pressure holds, and then activate the enrichment valve and see if it dumps that pressure or not. I'm attaching a file from the factory service manual that explains how to test these. See attachment.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.
I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.Thank youJason
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Was there anything else Kim?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

It looks like you read my reply without putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.

Thanks

Jason