Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 98 seadoo GSM limited 947 I was having a blast and

Customer Question

I have a 98 seadoo GSM limited 947 I was having a blast and all the sudden it just died went to start it and all it did was zing zing the starter sounded like it wasn't engaging so I replaced the starter and took it out about 4 hours later same thing happened
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
98 GSX limited 947 Seadoo
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Test the battery voltage with the ski off and with it running, make sure that you are getting a charge to it. If so, remove the starter and inspect the teeth on it, if they are missing, the starter is staying engaged with the ski running and is stripping the teeth from the bendix. Also inspect the flywheel, it could be damaged.