Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Getting an alarm one beep every 60 seconds. Fluid in lower

Customer Question

Getting an alarm one beep every 60 seconds. Fluid in lower unit is fine, oil level in engine is fine. Single beep will happen while running or just sitting perfectly cold but with ignition key to on position. Starts and runs fine. Idle chugs slightly. Could this be my IAC valve even when the engine is not running?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The single beep at start up is normal. The alarm beeps for your engine are either a two beep or a solid horn. If there is a two beep alarm going off, it would be one of the sensors or an open or short in the system somewhere. Your engine is going to need to be hooked to a scanner to read the codes to locate the true cause. We could speed a week on here and you would be replacing allot of un-needed parts otherwise.