Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

When I put boat in gear motor stalls I've changed the spark

Customer Question

When I put boat in gear motor stalls I've changed the spark plugs gas filter I think it may be in the carp
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: First time trying to use boat the boat is a 1990 glastron 3.0 got it started a few times but as soon I put in gear it stalls
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Who makes the engine, is this a Mercruiser, Volvo, OMC or something else?

Is the motor stalling when you shift it with the boat in the water, with the boat on the trailer, or both?