Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have been making oil. 90 yamaha four stroke. first jar was

Customer Question

I have been making oil. 90 yamaha four stroke. first jar was regular sae oil. didnt seperate took to a couple places all said gas in oil. changed feul pump and had injectors cleaned and said they all spray. they could not presure test. only place in town and said two small to put on there tester. put back together . used better marine oil and took out for a couple hours close in. allways has been running great. came back in made oil. plugs all fireing and grey collar on ends.this time oil is seperating. Day two and darker on top one half and milky on bottom half. only about one half quart of oil was what is it water or gas. most likely was is going on. thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Mike, my name is Jason.

Does the oil smell like gas, or does sit smell like just oil?

Is there a history or a story to this problem? Have you owned the boat for a long time and then all of a sudden it's doing this? Or is this a new to you engine?