Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

We ran our kohler generator last night and it worked fine.

Customer Question

We ran our kohler generator last night and it worked fine. We just tried to flush it and it shut down and says EC 62.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Just had our generator fixed for corrosion at the water intake, ran it all night and it worked fine. Just tried to flush it with fresh water and it shut down, says Error Code 62.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: It has a new impellar, adequate antifreeze.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The fault is for sea pump pressure. You could have a clogged strainer, some of the corrosion that you had inside the water intake could have broken off and is now blocking the sensor. A failed sensor, or a broken wire. start the gen and watch the exhaust water flow, if it is ok, but the code is still active, try the battery disconnect to reset the code after stopping the gen.