Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1999 cobalt .with a 7.4. And bravo 3 out drive. My

Customer Question

I have a 1999 cobalt .with a 7.4 . And bravo*****. My question is . I have gear lube leaking out of the outdrive drive right at the propeller shaft. We're the propeller sits right next to the out drive . Can I replace that seal myself . .I'm very handy buy I've just never done this and I can't find any videos on its . Thank you joe
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello Joe. My name is Tan.

This requires special tools to remove the bearing carrier of the prop shafts. The carrier can be leaking around the o-ring # ***** or the shaft seals can be leaking # ***** & 37.

You could also be leaking around the o-ring where the upper and lower bolt together # ***** & 23. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/2410.gif

Now have you pulled the props off and inspected to see if you can tell where the leak is?