Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1986 sea ray mercrusuer motor does not turn over just clicks

Customer Question

1986 sea ray mercrusuer motor does not turn over just clicks bought new batteries still nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It doesn't turn over its it neutral you can hear cylinder click
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

All mercruisers are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so I can see exactly which engine you have.

Next, do you have a hand held volt meter, and do you know how to take voltage measurments?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have volt meter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is serial number
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Without a meter there isn't anything we can do together to solve your issue. Did you have any questions that I could answer for you?