Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2 stroke 28 horse. It runs good until you slow down

Customer Question

I have a 2 stroke Johnson 28 horse. It runs good until you slow down to an idle. Then It usually stalls.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: When it stalls if I pump the primer ball it will start but won't consistantly idle without stalling.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: That's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the engine model number please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Iam not currently at the boat.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Didn't know you would ask for that.
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

They made that motor for many years and they did change over the years. I need to know exactly what you have. Model year will help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The boat is at my vacation home. I won't have access to the boat until next weeken. Can I get back with you then with the model number?
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Yes that is fine. I will be here.