Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2008 evinrude etec 200hp. My mechanic past 12 years

Customer Question

I have a 2008 evinrude etec 200hp. My mechanic for yhe past 12 years can not fix my issue.
It shuts down while giving gas. Sometimes when trying to get up on plane. Yesterday it did it just idling around. Its as though it was turned off. Most of the time it will start back up. It usually does this after it has been running for a little while. Had to leave a tournament yesterday. THAT IS FRUSTRATING needless to say it cost me my entry fee. Please help.
Butch(###) ###-####
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Check the cooling to the EMM when the engine is running. Disconnect the inlet hose and make sure that you are getting water there. The n connect the inlet and disconnect the outlet. Make sure that the water flow is good through it. When the EMM gets hot, it does not function correctly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Had to leave to go to New Jersey on a job will call you tomorrow hopefully thanks for your advice I will try that
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good. Talk to you then.