Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a new Fuel pump in my 2000, 5.7 volvo penta, GSIPEFS

Customer Question

I have a new Fuel pump in my 2000, 5.7 volvo penta, GSIPEFS fuel injected. Motor has only 200 hrs on it. New fuel pump correct Problem for 3 weeks, now stalling over 20 like before. Inspected old fuel pump , found black gunk in hgh pressure screen. Could this hapen with a 3 week old new Pump installed. Reading all thread about paint inside fuel Pump!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bob, my name is Jason.

They don't paint the insides of the fuel pumps anymore like they used to. Chances are you have a fuel tank issue, possible a bad antisiphon valve if the tank has one. What you want to do is get a portable fuel tank, hook that up to the fuel pump, and run the engine on that. If it runs better on the portable tank then that means you have a problem with the boats tank, and the tank and it fittings and lines will need to be inspected. If no change, then fuel pressure will need to be checked under a load to see if it's actually a fuel pressure problem or not. Does that make sense to you?

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bob, my name is Jason.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

I sent you the offer for phone service, if you accept it I can give you a call in the next few minutes.

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Did you want to set up the phone service Bob?