Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Was driving our '07 310 sun dancer at about 25 miles an hour

Customer Question

Was driving our '07 310 sun dancer at about 25 miles an hour and dropped the speed suddenly. The boat started beeping and both engines stated smoking. Turned it off and then back on and the engines are very revved up, it was beeping and both engines are smoking. Got towed in...can't get service until tomorrow but curious on what this means? Thank you!
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any update?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It said 8 minutes 20 minutes ago??
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the alarm going off and the engine smoking, I would think that the engines overheated. You will have to et the cooling system serviced. This would cause the alarm and the smoking issue.