RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Yamaha Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Serv Mgr, G/M
10825618

Have a 2004 Kawasaki stx 12 f change oil spark plug filter

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Kawasaki stx 12 f change oil spark plug filter fuel pump my compression is 180 psi in each cylinder wen I try to star the engine (no plus and I have water camen out from the spar plug hole thank
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

If you got or are getting water in the cylinders, it is not going to start.

My suggestion is to attempt to crank the engine with the spark plugs out and pump as much water out of the engine as you can. Make sure your spark plugs are dry on the tips then reinstall them and attempt to start. Typically it is going to take several attempts to get it to the point where it will actually run and idle. I would expect it to start and run a short time then quit. Remove the plugs again and dry them, and put them back in and start it again. You do not need to put it on the flush hose until it gets to the point of running more than 10 seconds on its own.

My question is where did the water come from? Did the ski get swamped? Did someone turn the water on in the flush kit before the engine was started? Hopefully it is not something serious. At this point, human error would be the better answer because mechanical problems can get expensive to repair.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank so much you at on the money I put the house for 30 minute before I try to estar the engine thank so much is cranking oready going to try tomorrow but I tock De water an dry the espark plug
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thk sir have a nice day very satisfied problem solvin . ����������
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Excellent. Very glad to hear it! Let me know if you have any more questions. You can just keep adding on here if you need to.

Thank you for the kind words.

Customer/p>