Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Suzuki-dt55-boat-motor-when-you-put-in-gear-it-quits

Customer Question

suzuki-dt55-boat-motor-when-you-put-in-gear-it-quits
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the engine stalling when you place it on gear, the issue is going to be in the fuel system. If the boat has been sitting for some time, the fuel in the carbs has evaporated and left behind a varnish. This varnish will clog up the jets on the engine and not allow it to run. You will need to remove the carbs, take them apart, then using a good quality carb cleaner, clean all jets and passages on them. Reassemble the carbs using new needles and gaskets. Reinstall on the engine and give it a test run.