Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

How do we reset a volvo penta boat system, Had a rope

Customer Question

How do we reset a volvo penta boat system
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Had a rope wrapped in prop. Got rope out and now won't turn over
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Went into safety shut down and now won't start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Check on the top of the engine, there is a 50A breaker that may have tripped. If that is good, and the 90A at the starter is good, Make sure that the engine is not locked up not by placing the drive in REV and trying to turn the prop until it rotates the engine slightly. After that try to crank it over again.