Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a yahama 50 2000 and just bought it and it worked

Customer Question

i have a yahama 50 2000 and just bought it and it worked perfictly for about 30 miles in my dinghy. Now it just started popping out of gear after about 2000 rpm and then if i go slowly to faster it finally will stay in gear if i can get it to plane off. It keeps getting worse. Is there any adjustment I can make to fix it??
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I fell a sleep waiting for an answer last night. I hope I get an answer today.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

You can adjust the cables on the engine to gain more fwd shift, you must be careful about not taking too much from Rev. Also check the gear oil to make sure that there is not any water in the oil, or metal flakes.