Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My Yamaha 150 4 stoke. 2005 just stopped titling up and down

Customer Question

My Yamaha 150 4 stoke. 2005 just stopped titling up and down and makes no noise at all can it be a fuse
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It just does not go up or down and when pressing tilt switch it makes no noise at all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I don think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Inside the electrical box there are several fuses. One of them may have blown on your engine. Make sure that you are getting 12V on the little tabs on the top of each fuse. Replace any that have blown. if they are all good, you will need to test the voltage going to the relay when you press in on the trim switch, if you are getting good voltage in, but no activation, replace the relay.