Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I have a 1994 Skeeter 150SI VIN/Serial # STEIM0950494 You

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Skeeter 150SI VIN/Serial # STEIM0950494
You provided good help with this boat before on a different problem.
The 150 Mercury turns strong (new battery). Trim/tilt is strong. New trolling motor is strong (new trolling motor battery).
Nothing else electrical works. No fuel gage, speedometer, tac, no gauges, in dash depth finder, no lights, no horn, etc!
We've checked all the in-line and "flat" fuses with a meter and they are all good. There's no juice getting to them. Most of them have been out for a while. It's a conundrum! Hopefully it's something simple that we have somehow overlooked!
Haven't tried to pull schematics yet, since they are usually written in a foreign tongue.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The accessories are on a separate circuit from the engine. Have you checked the battery power supply to the fuses?

This will be a #10 red and black wire. The red wire will have an inline fuse or circuit breaker.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Checked power supply, again
What's the "black wire" ?
No power to accessories
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

The black wire is ground. If you have a bad ground and are testing for voltage you will show no voltage. You must have both positive and negative to complete a circuit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
got it
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Great what did you find? Thank you......Tan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was actually a very simple fix, which I would not have completed without Tan's suggestions.
All is well. I felt a little silly. I just need to get to the ramp!
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome.....Please don't forget to positively rate my help or I do not get credit for helping you.

Please check the stars at the top of the page 3 or more please.

Thank you.......Tan