Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2001 Sea Doo Islandia. I just got it out of the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Sea Doo Islandia. I just got it out of the shop getting a full "check up" put it in the water yesterday, both engines ran great for about 30 minutes, then suddenly oil light and alarm goes off on right engine. I shut it down, crank it back up, runs fine for a little while then same thing again. They checked oil and everything at the dealer so I know it's not that. Ideas??!!
JA: Huh?
Customer: Pearl WilsonMarine Mechanic's AssistantPearl WilsonHi, I'm Pearl, the Marine Mechanic's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with your boat.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the oil light going off, you will need to check the level on that engine. The alarm is for pressure and not level. If the engine was losing oil pressure as you ran, you could damage the engine.