Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Hydrolic hatch will not open sea Ray 300 from 2005,

Customer Question

Hydrolic hatch will not open sea Ray 300 from 2005
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Electronic switch pad will not activate the hatch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Om the same pad One og the trim flaps is also not working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the soft touch panel not functioning, check the connections behind it for any signs of corrosion or a loose pin. Then look at the brain unit for the boat and make sure that there is no corrosion on it either. If everything look good, you will need to replace the switch panel.