Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I was operating my boat yesterday afternoon and turned it

Customer Question

I was operating my boat yesterday afternoon and turned it off to anchor. When I attempted to start it again it turned over and engaged but then died immediately. It doesn't respond when I increase throttle. It just catches and then dies.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Check the fuel and make sure that there is not any water in it, at the fuel water sep filter if you have one. Make sure that the key switch is keeping power to the engine, this may be able to be scene on the gauges, if they lose power when the engine dies. Also make sure that you still have spark on the engine after it has died.