Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine Experience

Helllo,we have a cat 330c with c9 engine,serial DKY the

Customer Question

Helllo,we have a cat 330c with c9 engine,serial DKY the motor is overheating in hard working,everything has been done,new water pump,new thermostats,radiator clean,hoses up and down,shroud in good condition,hydraulik cooling system has been checked,hydraulik temp is good,moteur temp reaches 215 in hard working but becomes cool rapidly when idling 5 minutes,could it be a crack in the head or the head gasket broken
Category: Boat
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
It's possible the engine has a blown head gasket or cracked head. If this is the case, you should be pushing coolant out of the overflow at all times.
If it's not pushing out coolant at all times. I must suspect the radiator. I know you had it cleaned but many times cleaning does not help unclog the restriction. It's best to have the radiator removed and recored or professionally cleaned at a rad shop.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.