Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 90 Mercury 2 stroke was running fine. Now when I try to

Customer Question

My 90 Mercury 2 stroke was running fine. Now when I try to start it just backfires and Pops. This is a used motor and you to me.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The engine turns over fine but will not start only backfires and Pops. It is getting fuel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I just obtained this Boat and Motor so work has been done to it before but I'm not familiar with.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you scene the engine actually run yet?