Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My Suzuki 115 four stroke is over heating. Did a complete

Customer Question

My Suzuki 115 four stroke is over heating. Did a complete water pump and impeller change and replaced the cracked housing. It is still overheating even when I first start the motor. What could the problem be??
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Replaced the cracked housing and installed a new water pump kit with a new impeller. As soon as i start the motor, the overheating light comes on and the warning beeping begins.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not really, it is a 2003 motor with 445 hours.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

You wrote " It is still overheating even when I first start the motor"

What do you mean by that?