Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a rebuilt 454 mpi gen 1998 just installed. It ran

Customer Question

I have a rebuilt 454 mpi gen 1998 just installed. It ran good for 3 hrs, & then will only idle but very rough. It won't take any throttle. .......My mechanic spent 6-7 hours on it but no luck. The timing is retarded & there is too much fuel which is soothing up the new plugs. He cleaned injectors ,fuel pressure at 35 lbs, he had the computer on it, did a compression test on all 8. All good.
He is thinking the computer could be bad computer.
What are your thoughs?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Glenn, my name is Jason.

Was his a 1 time event. Or does it do this every time? Does it run good for 3 hours at a time and then act up?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me Glenn?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Ralph,

If you do have a dehumidify setting then yes by all means you can run that without the boat being in the water. The boat only needs to be in the water so the pumps can cool the condenser, which is the part of the air conditioner that gets hot. But when in dehumidify mode, the refridgeration pump does not actually run.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason