Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 225 Fitch 2000 have no fire, Bought this motor a

Customer Question

I have a 225 Fitch 2000 have no fire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Bought this motor a week ago know nothing about put it on the boat took shifting plug off and still no fire
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Top injector is getting hot when I turn motor over also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Your injector should not be getting hot when just cranking the engine over, sounds like it may have a short in it. For the spark, you need to make sure that the engine is in Neutral at the control handle, and that the kill switch is connected and working properly. You will also need a scanner for this engine, to make sure that there no other electrical issues.