Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2011 Honda 225 hp and had to have a new water pump

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Honda 225 hp and had to have a new water pump installed. Now I need to clear the engine alarm code so it will stop beeping. How can I accomplish that?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The overheat code is a non sticky code, meaning that as long as the engine is not overheating, it will not be going off. If you are still getting the overheat light on the key switch, something is blocking the water flow around the temp senders. Remove the thermostats, then with the engine on a set of muffs, start if and let it idle for a few seconds. Make sure that you are getting good water flow from the t-stat holes.