Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 92 Kawasaki jh750 wont start it started yesterday and the

Customer Question

my 92 Kawasaki jh750 wont start it started yesterday and the battery is good
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: when I try to start it it wont even click or anything and I tried the same battery in my other jet ski and it started right up
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

As I understand you, your ski started and ran fine one day, then the next day it would not even turn over, much less start. If that is not correct, please let me know where I am wrong so I don't steer you in the wrong direction.

Now, assuming I have got that part correct, I would like some more details please.

First, were you riding in fresh or salt water the last day it was running?

Do you trailer your ski to and from the water or do you keep it in the water or on a davit?

Did you do any preventative maintenance or cleaning on the ski after you rode it for the day? If so, please tell me everything you did to the ski after riding it.

Have you tried removing the spark plugs to see if the engine will crank over without the spark plugs installed? IF you are going to try that now, make sure you ground the spark plug leads properly and do NOT have your face over the top of the engine in case it blows something out of the spark plug holes. You could even lay a heavy towel across the top of the cylinder head to help prevent spraying liquid around.

Are you checking the battery with a volt meter? IF so, how many volts does it have?

Next, if it has sufficient voltage with no load on it, have you tried a voltage drop test when you leave the volt meter connected to the battery and crank the engine and read what the voltage is while under a starting load, provided it is actually cranking, which I do not know at this point.

Is the meter lighting up when you power up the ski?

Let me know about those things and we can move forward with a diagnosis and repair from there.

Thanks,

Customer/p>