Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Volvo penta 8.1L will not exceed 2000 RPM. Thank you :)

Customer Question

Volvo penta 8.1L will not exceed 2000 RPM.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Thank you :)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Engine only has 84 hrs... I changed the fuel filter and added sea foam to clean system... no help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

These are extremely complicated engines that take many tools to work on them. What kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jason, I'm Phil..
The engine Volvo 8.1 L will not exceed 2000 RPM. I have changed fuel filter and added seafoam to cleam fuel system... nothing changed engine has 84 hrs. Just out of winter storage..
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

How old is the fuel itself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I filled the tank last weeke
nd there was about 1/4 tank left from last year... supposedly marina put in stabilizer for winter during winterization..