Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2003 searay 280 sundancer and need the automatic

Customer Question

I have a 2003 searay 280 sundancer and need the automatic fire suppression system serviced as the pressure is low and I have been unable to remove the bottle. Who can service my system in MN or AZ? Maine Max has been no help.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Check in your local area for a company that does installed fire systems. They should be able to get a bottle for your system, as allot of the installed systems use Halon as the agent.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Garbage no answer answer. Want a refund unless specific company is recommended and works on SeaRay boats to remove and replace fire extinguisher.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
By the way, why did it take 2 1/2 days to respond with no specific answer.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

I am not in your area to suggest any particular service company. I know the system in your boat, I was a fire fighter in the Navy for 20yrs. I have serviced many installed systems in my time.

It took tow and a half days, as it is also peak season here. We get hundreds of questions a day and we do this on the side out of our homes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you are totally no help whatsoever. I am unable to remove the Halonsystem because it's an automatic discharge system with a spinner to expel the halon automatically throughout the boat Engine compartment. My boat manufacture cannot recommend anybody to replace the Hanlon system that's why I have asked you to recommend somebody and if you can't do it I want my money back.
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried to contact your local fire service companies. The only thing that is different about your system, is its location.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried in Arizona they will not work on boats it is very difficult to get to my fire extinguisher system you have been no help please refund my five dollars thank you for your time