Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My js550 ran great today until I dumped it in the water.

Customer Question

My js550 ran great today until I dumped it in the water. After words tried starting it until I ran the battery dead. Bought new battery and still only makes a clicking sound when trying to start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Ski had brand new starter I removed from engine to make sure it was spinning and it runs. I also joined the terminal on the ebox to give direct voltage on starter still just a click sound
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The engine never actually fires just a single click
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 3 months ago.