Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

Just purchased a boat with F15ELH Merc 2014 knowing it's

Customer Question

Just purchased a boat with F15ELH Merc 2014 knowing it's somewhat underpowered.
Before I go out and buy 20 or 25 hp, is it possible to do a conversion with carburation or propeller or a combination of fuel/prop to achieve a 20HPmotor
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Randy, my name is Jason.

The difference between a 15 and a 20 is they use a different carb, different head, different cam, and different exhaust pipe in the middle section portion of the outboard.

The 25 is a completely different engine all together.

It's possible to do the conversion, but its going to cost more than the engine is worth, and you will end up with a bunch of used parts that you likely will not be able to sell.

Do you have any further questions on the issue, or was that your primary concern?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you